Now that everyone has arrived we have 946 people ready to Rumble in the Jungle, many have spent long hours in the bus to get here, many had very early starts or late night pick ups, some have caught planes to Brisbane and then bused, some took two buses to get here...
- Mount Isa distance travelled 1702km
- Cairns distance travelled1448km
- Winton distance travelled 1233km
- Charleville distance travelled 795km
- Victoria distance travelled 1816km
- Townsville distance travelled 1100km
- Moranbah distance travelled 786km
They have come over from all over and arrived with excitement twinkling in their eyes, the 672 Cub Scouts have worked hard to get here, met the challenges of the Cuboree eligibility criteria and are intrepidly looking forward to the adventures yet to come.
At dinner tonight - there were some very weary and slightly confused looks on their faces (and that was just the Leaders!)
They have built their homes (Villages), tents are up, beds prepared, they have enjoyed meeting their new friends and neighbours, they have been a part of a the largest Grand Howl and shared some laughter at the Opening.
It's all settled and so quiet now as I sit and write this, I can almost hear the dreams of our Cub Scouts as their brains revisit this exciting day... tomorrow the activities begin.
- What will Cub Scout Magic reveal?
- Will they see whales at Urban Jungle?
- What will they discover at BP Mafeking?
- What is behind the black tarps at Seeonee Hills?